The Partiologist: Jungle Party!

Jungle Party!

Good morning all my party people!  I decided to continue with one of the luncheons I had a few years ago, it's a little more on the simple side.  Wild, but simple.  It all started with the invitation...

Jungle Invitation
The little monkey swings from tree to tree, so I decided to go with a jungle theme. 

When most people would see this invitation, they would think it would be a perfect invite for a two year old....NOT me! 

I found some outdoor hibiscus and leaf dishes at Frontgate and then added to the collection with some dishes I found at Target.


I used rafia chargers under each plate and fish netting down the center of the table.


I used my three square vases from Pottery Barn to serve celery, carrots and dip. 

The leaf was for the salad and the hibiscus was for the veggies. 

I tried not to get upset if they used the wrong plate for the wrong food item!  :)

A long plastic leaf tray was used to hold palm tree topped fruit kebobs.


I served iced Aveda Tea - have you ever tried it iced?  It's great!

I don't know how it happened, but that year I found some parasol picks at Pier I and they matched my decor perfectly!


I filled coconut bowls with crackers and mixed nuts. 

And off to the right is a ...(What??? a spoon out of place????) oh, I mean a hibiscus cookie to match the plate.  

Besides the cookies, each guest was given a box of Tea Forte, which had a little leaf coming out of the top. 

Here's a close up of the cute little tea boxes.


And a close up of the parasols with the plates.


Can you feel the Island Breeze?

5 comments :

  1. how clever of you! love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the look of your table. It is fabulous! This is one of my favorite's so far! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks amazing, I love it, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!!!! I wish they still had those leaf plates and hibiscus plates. They are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that invite!!! Ive made cookies to match! YOU are my fave!

    ReplyDelete

Get Fun Food and Party Ideas

Subscribe to receive my latest posts in your inbox!