The Partiologist: Please Be Seated!

Please Be Seated!

I have to say, my favorite part of hosting parties is setting the table.  Not necessarily making the food, but setting the table... I'm lovin' it!

Ladybug Picnic

Before lunch, I served a few appetizers in the grass.  The grass being green paper shred~

Red pots held the napkins and silverware. 
And a black metal ant held "Ant Kim's" Fruit Salad~
Directions to the Picnic Shelter


And I posted the picnic menu, so the guests would not fill up on the appetizers!


Walnut & Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken
Penne with Spinach & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Lime Gingered Sweet Potatoes
Cheese & Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers
Baked Beans
Corn Off The Cob

My favorite kind of garden - A Chocolate Rock Garden~


I piled up lots of rocks and added some grass and dried flowers.
Little tins were filled with chocolate rocks and a leaf I cut with my Cricut.  Ready for the guests to take home~


Yes they are rocks...chocolate rocks!

Now, it's time to be seated!


Each glass had an ant holding the place card~
Everyone was a "Lady"~


I was "Lady Gaga"


The ants are actually table cloth weights!
The Lady bug butter~
Covered with a screen to keep the ants away!


Every Lady had a Bug~


A Lady Bug Cookie that is, to take home~


AND a picnic basket full of ants~


Or some would call the ants chocolate covered espresso beans!
Our shade tree was covered in ladybugs and ribbon~


Which kept us cool, calm and collected. 

Just me, Lady Gaga!

12 comments :

  1. How I'd love to be at one of your parties. Everything is so well thought out, every little detail. I love the shimmer on your ladybug cookies and I think your ladybug butter is awesome!

    Great menu too by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment Paula! I'd love for you to come to one of my parties! :)

      Delete
  2. Darling!! I love that everyone was a lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the ant table weights? Because they are so obviously perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at Hobby Lobby last year, however, I've seen them again early this year.

      Delete
  4. super cute! LOVE the table setup!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kim! Wait 'til you see the party I'm hosting in two weeks! :)

      Delete
  5. This party is ADORABLE. I am going to be pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your friends are lucky! Really do you sleep??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very sweet! Thank you for all your comments and to answer your question...If I ever sleep in until 6:00 a.m. that is oversleeping! :)

      Delete
  7. I am gasping, laughing and smiling thru this post...it's wonderful...such a child like quality but can be for adults too...now this will keep us young!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ladybugs! So cute! Hugs, Holly
    http://coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Get Fun Food and Party Ideas

Subscribe to receive my latest posts in your inbox!