The Partiologist: Tricks on Sticks!

Tricks on Sticks!

Remember me making the cookie cutter pumpkin fudge?  Well, during the process, I came up with another idea using cookie cutters.  This time I thought, why not create Cookie Cutter Cake Pops?  And that's just what I did.  Do you want to know the best part?   The cookie cutter cake pops were all invited to a Monster Bash at the House on the Haunted Hill.

Cookie Cutter Cake Pops
 
 


 
 
 
Several cookie cutters wanted to go to the Monster Bash, only six were invited. 
The Lucky Ones~
Here's how I made them~
Gathered up some mini cookie cutters.
Pressed the cake pop batter in the cutter very tight and then pushed it out.
Inserted the cookie stick.
Used Candy Corn on Frank.
Dipped in candy melts, sprinkled with sugar and added fondant decorations.
 
After making all the cookie cutter cake pops, I found that the smaller the cutter the better.  The candy melts were too heavy and some of the larger cake pops would fall off the stick.  I also used the owl cutter for the mummy and wrapped it with strips of white fondant.
 
Let's Do The Monster Mash!
 


19 comments :

  1. adorable, as usual! how long does it take you to decorate them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These did take a litte while, since I mostly used fondant I had to cut out alot of the decorations. If I would have piped everything on with frosting, it would have gone much faster.

      Delete
  2. OMG! AWESOME!


    CHEERON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely did come up with something different, something genius! Fabulous idea! I want to try it:) I LOVE the bunting with the ghost...so many cute details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all fantastic. My favorite is the Ruffled Witches Hat.
    Did you trim the top a bit so that it was wider for the ruffles?
    Sooooo CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pressed the witch hat cutter full of cake pop filling and then pushed it out. It stayed in the witch hat shape so I didn't have to trim the top at all.

      Delete
    2. That makes sense. However, I didn't see the hat cutter in the picture of all your cutters "invited" to the house :-)..... I only saw the candy corn cutter so thought you must have trimmed that down for the hat.

      Delete
    3. Oh Lexy, you're right - I did add the additional cutter once I started making the cookie cutter cake pops. So sorry about the confusion. I didn't even realize it was not in the photo! :)

      Delete
  5. Genius. How do you keep outdoing yourself everyday? Love them all but really like the witch hat. from,twobeautifulgirls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a great party on the hill! Love the ruffled witche's hat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Paula, they did have a great time at the party! :)

      Delete
  7. The gang is all here! What a cute idea and having them at a monster bash was an awesome way to show them them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gang WILL be together again in less then a month! ;)

      Delete
  8. What a great post! Love all of the cake pops. I never would have thought of using cookie cutters.........but then again, I'm NOT the Partiologist!!! Yay for you :) Can't wait to visit with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out great! That's really a cute idea:@)

    ReplyDelete

Get Fun Food and Party Ideas

Subscribe to receive my latest posts in your inbox!