The Partiologist: Cake Pop Party!

Cake Pop Party!

It looks like Spring is here and what better way to celebrate than with a cake pop party - hosted by the amazing Janine of SugarKissed.  When I was asked to participate in this event, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  Daisy Cake Pops.  BRIGHT Daisy Cake Pops.
 Click on any photo to view detail~
These daisies you'll WANT to eat!
First, you'll need to make them~
(Links to products I used are listed at the end of this post)
1.  Each of the flowers are made from fondant.  Wilton has four bright colors and I also made green and blue fondant by adding food color to white fondant.
 
2.  Next I used several sizes of Wilton flower formers.
 
3.  And three sizes of Daisy plunger cutters.
 
4.  After cutting out the daisies - use a round tip to cut out a small hole in the center of each daisy.
 
5.  Place all the daisies on the formers and let dry 1 - 2 days.
 
(Don't forget to make extras!)
 
Now on to the cake pops~
1.  Make all the cake pops you plan to use.
 
2.  Place them on stick to get ready to dip.
 
3.  I always melt my candy melts in canning jars and just close the lid when I'm finished.
 
4.  As soon as you dip the pops, sprinkle with yellow sanding sugar.
 
Assembly~
1.  Rolls of ribbon in six bright colors.  (Hobby Lobby)
 
2.  Stems of six flowers.  (Dollar Store)
 
3.  Remove the leaves from the flowers.
 
Fondant Flowers~
1.  After the flowers are formed and firm, get them ready to stack.
 
2.  Pipe a little royal icing around the center hole.
 
3  Stack the flowers on top of each other and let dry.
 
All together now~
1.  Pipe candy melts around the cake pop stick.
 
2.  Add two leaves to each flower.
 
3.  Cut ribbon to size and hot glue to the top of the stick.  Continue to wrap the ribbon around the stick making a spiral design.
I didn't want the petals to touch each other, so I placed each one in a small vase filled with sugar.  (Tie ribbon around the vase first).  Now they're ready for your table!
 
 And now are you ready for this?  A Super Cute Cake Pop Party!
Spring Has Sprung!
 Links to all the Spring Cake Pops~
 
1. Bunny Cake Bites by Miss CandiQuik
 
2. Kite Cake Pops by Party Pinching
 
 
 
5. Chick Cake Pops with Bonnets by sugarkissed.net
 
 
7. Springtime Cake Pop Nests by Munchkin Munchies
 
8. Elegant Spring Flower Cake Pops by Pint Sized Baker
 
9. Butterfly Kisses Cake Pops by Bubble and Sweet
 
10. Pastel Sparkle Cake Pops by Heavenly Cake Pops
 
 
A BIG thank you to Janine for helping us all celebrate the beginning of SPRING!
 
 Spring Has Sprung!

22 comments :

  1. So many cute cake pops! They are very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest Easter/Spring table centerpiece and such a bonus that they are edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when a centerpiece can be the dessert too! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a great tutorial and looovely outcome!
    Your link is fixed by the way :)

    Many blessings and a good start into the week, miss.
    niner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment - blessings to you too!

      Delete
  4. These are great...I could even do this! I just got a new computer and now I can really "see" your great creations. They are even better than I thought!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! i would love to make a whole garden of these! i bet it was a blast seeing these come together. all the colors make me giddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - I'm happy that I remembered to take photos throughout the process!

      Delete
  6. Prettiest daisies I've ever seen! I'll take these over the ones in my yard any day!

    Can't wait till we get to work together again on another collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it will be such fun to work together again! Thanks for putting this together! :)

      Delete
  7. What pretty colors! So fun and vibrant! I love the ribbon around the stick. It really adds so much to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks - I am going on a hunt to find Candiquik at our stores!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful cake pops, Kim! Love the vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! I love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is perfection. from, twobeautifulgirls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three words. A.MAZ.ING.
    I totally love these!

    ReplyDelete

Get Fun Food and Party Ideas

Subscribe to receive my latest posts in your inbox!