The Partiologist: Let's Smell The Flowers - Virtual Cookie Party

Let's Smell The Flowers - Virtual Cookie Party

Today you are all in for a very special treat!
I was invited to be part of a Virtual Cookie Garden Party - "Let's Smell The Flowers".  This party was organized by the very talented Haniela and I am honored to have my flower cookie in the same garden with the most AMAZING cookie decorators evah!

When asked to make a Hydrangea flower, I immediately responded YES.  There was no time to think, what's a Hydrangea? You see, I don't have the best luck with flowers, at least not with REAL flowers.  I was really hoping things would go better with a cookie.   After a little research, I made my Hydrangeas!

Pink Bouquet

White Bouquet
Once I found out what a Hydrangea was, I decided to try and make it three dimensional - Here's How~
Used a large tennis racket cutter
Cut off the handle
Clay Gun
With round tip
Softened green fondant
Piped the fondant out of the gun and measured into strips
Used a basket weave tip
Filled piping bag
Piped the frosting on the handle of the cookie and began to lay the fondant "stems"
Covered the cookie with "stems"
Rolled out white fondant for the flowers
Used Hydrangea plunger cutters
Cut out the flowers
Used a clay mold for the leaves
Pressed in green fondant
Cut away the excess
Placed the leaves in Wilton formers to dry
Piped dots of frosting
Put leaves on cookie
Added more dots of white frosting and the flowers
Purple luster dust and brush
Dusted luster dust in middle of flowers
Cut ribbon
Tied on Bouquet
Now for the Pink Hydrangea~
Cut one 4" round cookie
Cut five 1" round cookies and baked
Filled piping bag with #12 tip and frosting
Piped frosting between layers of small round cookies
Added the green fondant "stems" around the cookies
After they were covered, added more frosting on top
Stuck on the 4" cookie
Added the leaves
Then the flowers
On both of the flowers, I added a little dot of frosting and a sugar pearl~
Let's Smell The Flowers!
Presenting the best smelling flowers ...
And here's a link for all these fabulous flowers and how they were created!
Let's Smell The Flowers - Virtual Cookie Party


1. Black Eye Susan by Lisa, The Bearfoot Baker
2. Carnation by Meaghan, The Decorated Cookie
3. Cherry Tree Flower by Pam, Cookie Crazie
4. Daffodil by Georganne, LilaLoa
5. Daisy by Stephanie, Ellies Bites
6. Dogwood by Marian, Sweetopia
7. Gerbera by Paula, Vanilla Bean Baker
8. Hyacinth by Amber, SweetAmbs
9. Hydrangea by Kim, The Partiologist
10. Iris by Cristin, Cristin's Cookies
11. Lavender by Liz, Arty McGoo
12. Lily of The Valley by Hani, Haniela's
13. Lotus by Marlyn, Montreal Confections
14. Morning Glory by Glory, Glorious Treats
15. Orchid by Ali, Ali Bee's Bake Shop
16. Pansy Nicole, Life's A Batch
17. Poppy by Callye,  SweetSugarBelle
18. Sunflower by Bea, Cancun Cookies
19. Tulip by Lorriane, LorrainesCookies

I hope you all take time to stop and smell the flowers!
Thanks again Hani, I had a great time at the Party!

32 comments :

  1. Creating your flower pot with stack cookies and fondant was brilliant and the effect is just beautiful. Your hydrangeas, both in the pots and in a bouquet are adorable. I'd love an entire row of your potted hydrangeas lining one of my windowsills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are fabulous, Kim. What great ideas you had for these fun flowers. :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is amazing, I don't know why I didn't realized the whole thing was a cookies even the stem part. you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hani, I had so much fun being a part of the garden!

      Delete
  4. You're hilarious, I'm the same with flowers!! These are awesome, a true cookie sculpture worthy of a museum. Love 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,

    You are so clever I was sure you had made a cupcake, these are just gorgeous! Great tutorial, Marlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hydrangeas and you did such a beautiful job with these! The 3-D effect for each of them is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Hydrangeas! When in SF I had to drive down Lombard Street and walk another day just to take a closer look at these... Your tuto is AWESOME! The look like the real thing... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply AMAZING!!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute and creative!! I especially love your white bouquet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty! I love how you made the pink bouquet three dimensional! I can see you doing really cool things with these on your tablescapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so very talented! Wow, I pinned them both! The white flowers remind me of Lily of the Valley...one of my favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely party-worthy, Kim! What a creative idea to make your 3-D hydrangea bouquet - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome flowers Kim! Your tutorial is wonderful and my head is spinning with ideas of things I can make now!!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am in awe of your talent! it's a shame these cookies have a shelf life, they are like a piece of art that should be enjoyed for years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. okay cookieologist this one you blew out of the water. Your 3D cookie was over the top. Never saw anything like this before. I love how your mind works and I would love even more to EAT that whole entire cookie(s) from, twobeautifulgirls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim, I don't even know where to start! I swear my head starts spinning just looking at all the process, but not in the creative way like Lisa up there. More like that dumbfounded, I-bow-to-your-genius kind of way. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone for your kind comments and encouragement to keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite flower! :) I love how you built the base out of cookies!!! So cool. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOODNESS! Hydrangeas are probably my most favorite flower and you captured everything I love about them. I loved the look of these cookies and I love them even more after seeing the mystery of "HOW the heck you did that" solved. BEAUTIFUL job Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweetheart - you can visit my anytime! :)

      Delete
  20. WOW!! Absolutely amazing!! I've always admired your beautiful cookies... I followed your work over at Flickr long before I started blogging. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Some days I don't know who I am...Flickr...Blog...Facebook...website...or all of the above! :)

      Delete
  21. Wow Kim these are beyond amazing! I love the pink hydrangea especially. I can't believe it's an edible cookie! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the fun tutorial and sharing! Cristin (Pinkie) of Cristin's Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing! Love it in 3-D! You really went over-the-top and it shows!

    ReplyDelete

Get Fun Food and Party Ideas

Subscribe to receive my latest posts in your inbox!